The following terms and conditions are intended to be used as guidelines and apply to all the services that I provide (psychotherapy, counselling, couple counselling and coaching). Some of those terms and conditions may be negotiated with clients according to their requests and needs.
Please be aware that I only work with adults and I do not perform psychological evaluations for legal use.
Session duration may vary depending on different factors, such as the kind of service requested and the client’s needs and goals. Please find here below some general guidelines:
Psychotherapy & Counselling
First session (Psychological Assessment): 110 minutes
Following sessions: 50 minutes
First session (Assessment): 110 minutes
Following sessions: 90 minutes
First session: 110 minutes
Following sessions: 90 minutes
Number of Sessions
The number of sessions is not set and it will be agreed after the first session. However, clients may want to have a specific number of sessions or be in therapy, counselling or coaching for a specific period of time. In any case, clients have the right to terminate therapy, counselling or coaching at any time. Endings are usually agreed on well in advance in order to give due consideration to the therapeutic process.
Sessions can be paid by PayPal, cash or bank transfer. Receipts/invoices are available on request.
- If clients cancel a week or more in advance there will be no charge.
- Cancellations less than a week in advance will be charged a half fee.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment will be charged a full fee. This apply even if the client does not attend a session.
Psychotherapy, counselling and coaching will be reviewed regularly to ensure clients feel they are getting the most out of therapy or counselling. If I consider clients’ requirements beyond my competence, I reserve the right to terminate the contract. This will be discussed in the session and recommendations will be provided.
Professional Liabilities Insurance
I have a professional liability Insurance Policy No. 257378, with Towergate Insurance (Insurer: AXA Insurance PLC) and a professional liability insurance policy (Polizza di Assicurazione Responsabilità Civile Terzi e Professionale, Spese legali e Infortuni) no. 500216023, with CAMPI Cassa di Assistenza Mutua tra gli Psicologi Italiani (Insurer: Allianz S.p.A., Milano- Italy).
Information I collect about you and how I use it
Upon starting therapy, basic personal information will be collected for contact and identification reasons. During therapy, counselling or coaching meetings, an assessment of clients’ psychological health will be completed, and notes will be taken during sessions. The assessment and handwritten notes are used solely for the delivery of a my services and they are coded in order to complete confidentiality and anonymity.
I also offer online sessions (video-calls). Skype, Zoom or Cliniko (Telehealth) will be used. Video-calls are secured with end-to-end encryption. I am in the process to move all my online sessions to Cliniko, which is GDPR compliant tele-health software used by many health professionals all over the world.
Please be aware that as a HCPC Reg. Counselling Psychologist and a UKCP Registered Psychosynthesis Psychotherapist, I am fully qualified and authorized to provide Psychotherapy and Counselling in UK according to British law. For this reason, if you are not a UK resident, considering that my practice is based in the UK, please contact me if you would like to have online sessions. Rules and regulations may change from Country to Country.
- Clients have rights relating to the information I hold to verify the accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, deleted, updated or corrected. Clients have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about them. If clients would like a copy of some or all of their personal information, they can do it by using the form that they can find in this website (please see "Contacts" page). Information will be provided to clients within 30 days.
- I want to make sure that Clients’ information is accurate and up to date. Clients may ask me to correct or remove information they think is inaccurate.
How long I keep your information for data retention
Your information is securely kept for the time necessary to provide the therapy service requested, however outside of this I will hold clients’ details and session notes for a period of 7 years following the end of treatment to comply with legal obligations that are placed upon me by my insurers. After this date, all data will be securely deleted.
Sharing of data
There may be times where clients’ information needs to be shared with third parties. In those rare cases, I will inform clients accordingly, and the data will be sent to third parties securely.
Security and confidentiality of your data
Information will be kept securely and confidentially in line with the data retention policy as follows:
- The identifying data and clinical notes will be safely stored on a GDPR compliant practice management software used by thousands of healthcare practitioners.
- Digital files of your receipts/invoices (or other fiscal documents) are all password protected. Should you require them, I will send them to you by email and a password to open them will be sent to you in a different email.
Lawful basis for processing your information
The lawful basis for holding and using your information is in relation to the delivery of a contract to you as a health care professional. As a BPS Chartered Psychologist, a HCPC registered practitioner psychologist and a UKCP registered psychotherapist, I operate under a strict code of confidentiality.
Please note that the above-mentioned terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law.